Friday, December 12, 2003

A HUNTING WE WILL GO

So today was the first day out of class. I took my resume over to JR last night to look at. Thanks for the tips bro. I spent most of the day revising and re-wording it. I think it looks much better now. Went to mass to listen to AKMA preach. Anyone who believes that services should be perfect everytime never spent time in a seminary. I like being at services where AKMA presides because I think he deals with curves better than anyone.

I spent some time getting ready for Children's Chapel at St. A's, which included a trip to the church. I saw one of our elderly parishioners up there. She had back surgery not too long ago and said she feels much better. Although she had someone over to put those paver things in her garden, tripped over one and fell over backwards. She got lucky, apparently, because she was still wearing her body brace and that protected her. Funny thing, she told me that she fell off her patio, but kept pronouncing it poddio. I'm all for pastoral discussions and all, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to hear about this woman and her poddio. I finally figured it out. Much to be said for not speaking too soon.

Came home and did mass quantities of dishes, so now we don't have to keep preparing finger-food that can be eaten right out of its pre-packaged, ready-to-eat container. I'm going out with a bunch of people to welcome Heather home tonight. She is getting back from her term in England. That should be a good time.

I'm going to try to mail out my first resume tomorrow. I was so impressed that I got it done I almost forgot about the cover letter. I need to try to sound confident, humble, and relaxed, with just a touch of eagerness all at the same time. Don't want them thinking I'm desperate for a job (I'm not, yet), or so green that I'm not worth the risk (I am, but hopefully they'll be blinded by my stunning good looks -- HA HA).

What this all really comes down to is realizing/remembering that God got me this far, he's not going to abandon me now. But I still wonder, what do I have that will encourage people to see me as a priest. Or, what can I really offer a congregation. After three years, I'm still not sure I've got that figured out. Maybe that's a good thing. That fear might keep me from thinking that I've got all the answers any parish will ever need.

Time to work on that cover letter.

Peace

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.