Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Compliments

Yesterday, Easter Monday, was my first day off in my traditional two-day Easter Sabbath. One of the things I did was run some local errands -- dropping bill payments off to local merchants, dropping some payments in the mail, checking the mail, that sort of thing.

On my way to the post office, I ran into one of my parishioners who said that he really enjoyed the early morning Easter Vigil and was glad he attended. Then, in the mail, was a nice note from my grumpy, politically conservative parishioner who thanked me for including him in the service as a lector and stating that it was one of the best services he had attended in a very long time. And then I talked with my treasurer, who came over from the Baptist church, and she said how wonderful the service was and that next year her family would participate more fully in all the Holy Week services.

I always wonder about having just one, combined Easter service here, as well as how people take having to get up at O-Dark-Thirty for the service.

Three compliments in the space of 30 minutes. Yeah .... maybe things are starting to sink in here.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.