Thursday, March 20, 2008

One down . . .

Three to go.

From a liturgical standpoint, the Maundy Thursday service went well. The meal was what we were all expecting, the sermon was . . . well . . . the Triduum is an emotional ride anyway, so I just went with my gut tonight. I didn't specifically ask anyone, but I hope it all hung together well and made whatever point I was trying to make at the time.

The foot washing went well, no major glitches. And the Eucharist and stripping of the altar went better than in past years. Every year a little better.

Attendance, however, was low this year. After two years of having more on Maundy Thursday than my average Sunday attendance in VC, we were low. I'm not sure what the deal was ... if people feel that they've done it for the last few years so don't need to do it again or they forgot or what. Granted, I've got one guy who's still calving, and one was sick, but nobody from Sheridan made the drive up, which still irks me to no end.

But . . . it was what it was and what it was was good. I hope your Maundy Thursday was meaningful.

Stations of the cross tomorrow.

2 comments:

ultraspy | 5:03 AM, March 22, 2008  

Every time I speculate on what a major foot washing glitch would look like I begin to crack up. What are your major foot washing fears?

Reverend Ref + | 10:05 AM, March 24, 2008  

Major foot washing fears . . .

The thing I worry about the most is that nobody will participate.

But now I don't have to worry about that until next year.

Happy Easter!

First time comments will be moderated.