Friday, March 14, 2008

Ready to Go

I think I am all set for Holy Week.

Palm Sunday ordos done
Palm crosses made
Hangings and coverings changed to red

Maundy Thursday ordos done
Lining up people to bring things to the meal
Coverings change to red
Will set up for the meal and footwashing next Thursday

Good Friday ordos done
People notified about Stations of the Cross
Clergy volunteers contacted to help

Holy Saturday . . . well . . . not much to that one, but ready for a noon service

Oh-Dark-Thirty Easter Vigil ordos done
Readers lined up
Fire pit loaded and ready
Flowers ordered

Yep .... I think I'm ready. And that is a very good feeling.

4 comments:

~**Dawn**~ | 1:23 PM, March 14, 2008  

Oh-Dark-Thirty never fails to make me laugh.

It doesn't help that we turned clocks back either so the sun is even later in rising now. But... fire pit? Do you do an outdoor Easter Sunrise service up there in the Arctic Tundra?! I mean, it makes sense to me, here in Florida, but even with a late *April* Easter, it was usually a tad chilly for outdoors when I lived in Connecticut!

Reverend Ref + | 3:48 PM, March 14, 2008  

Yep . . . weather permitting, we start outdoors. And "weather permitting" means "anything that won't immediately kill the new fire." It snowed today, I'm hoping to avoid that next week.

Bring a coat, stand close to the fire; we aren't out there that long.

Unknown | 4:29 PM, March 14, 2008  

Uh.. sermons?

Reverend Ref + | 4:34 PM, March 14, 2008  

Sermons .... damn ... knew I was forgetting something.

Actually, Easter is the only one of the Holy Week services I think about a sermon.

I don't preach one on Good Friday. After the Passion, what more can be said? So I let the congregation sit with it for several minutes.

MT, GF & HS I'm pretty good at preaching off the cuff.

Easter, though .... Yeah, that one requires lots of prep and that's my job for next week.

First time comments will be moderated.