Monday, December 22, 2008

Cage Fighting

For some reason, I like catchy names and/or phrases. I think they give a little colorful spin to the otherwise drab standard names, and might change perceptions.

Therefore, confirmation class becomes TEC101. Bar Night began as Theology on Tap. And so on.

Awhile ago, one of my new parishioners (but a lifelong Episcopalian) mentioned he was concerned about all the goings on in Anglican-land and suggested that we start a TEC200 class that looked at various issues more deliberately and deeply.

I've wanted to do something like that for awhile, but it always seemed that when I suggested it, people weren't interested. So I decided to wait until there was a specified interested from the congregation. And here it is.

At coffee hour yesterday, I said that due to all the interest in various things going on in the church and the world (not to mention my recent sermon that caused such a fuss), we'd start the TEC200 class in February. That gets me past the holidays and annual meetings.

One person asked if we were going to have wrestling mats on the floor. I came back with, "No . . . but I am going to have a cage built that will be big enough for two people. If things get too bad, we'll send the two of them to the cage and let them fight it out."

That's right folks . . . It's Cage Fighting in the Episcopal Parish Hall.

Let's Get Ready to RUMMMMMMBBBBBLLLLLEEEE!!!!!

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.