Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Annual Meeting Week

Unlike some of my colleagues, I do not have the luxury of having just one Sunday for an annual meeting. Unlike some of my colleagues, I do not have the grind of doing three annual meetings on one day. Like some of my colleagues, my annual meetings go on over the span of multiple weeks. But unlike those same colleagues, my annual meetings only cover two Sundays, not four.

So . . . one down, one to go. All in all it's not that bad. The worst part of it is having to write two distinct sermons for each congregation both Sundays. What I preach to Christ Church isn't necessarily what needs to be preached to St. Paul's, and vice versa. That is still probably the most difficult thing about my job; but since it only happens once a year, I figure I don't have any room to gripe.

And speaking of difficult things . . . I had to deal with a personnel issue last week. Honestly, it's been coming for some time, so it wasn't unexpected. And at least one person has asked me why I had to do this thing, "Couldn't you have just let it go quietly without doing anything official?"

Um . . . no, I couldn't, because that would be ignoring the elephant in the room and, more importantly, it wouldn't be honest. So, I did what needed to be done and we'll see what happens.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.