Monday, February 23, 2009

Province VI

Somehow I got roped into some kind of video/conference call with a bunch of people from Province VI about stewardship or church growth or something like that.

It starts here in about five minutes.

I'll let you all know about it when we've finished.
===================
UPDATE
===================
So, we had this audio/video conference thing this afternoon. Shortly after I put up the post about this conference and just before the meeting started, the wi-fi died, so I had no internet capabilities throughout the meeting. Which wasn't a really big deal, except nobody could see my gorgeous mug *cough**cough*

And then, about 15 minutes into the conversation, the people who were leading this meeting started having some technical difficulties and their audio was breaking up; so bad, in fact, that they eventually disappeared. That left three of us online to discuss . . . um . . . what were we discussing? Something about some meeting in Omaha having to do with something about stewardship. I'm still sort of fuzzy on the concept and need to glean some more information from the Guy in Charge. And then I'll run that past my bishop and see if he wants me to attend this thing.

So there you go. I had some audio/video meeting that failed on all kinds of levels and left me grumpy. I'll see if I can find out more to make me less grumpy.

4 comments:

Questing Parson | 9:56 PM, February 25, 2009  

Then again you there's the possibility of greater grumpy if the meeting conference had been in person.

Reverend Ref + | 11:22 PM, February 25, 2009  

That's funny . . . but generally speaking, NOTHING makes me as grumpy as ill-behaved and/or difficult technology issues. This is why I know better than to do any actual website tinkering in the afternoon.

ultraspy | 6:17 PM, February 26, 2009  

Dear Rev Ref, speaking of tinkering with websites, I've been following you for YEARS and I would like to humbly suggest you allow me to help you update your layout. Now, I know Anglicans aren't big on change (heh) but I got inspired and did a mock up for you.I don't think it's too scary..

If you're not interested it's all good because I had fun messing around with blogger again (I usually use wordpress) but, here is a link to the template. you can email me at ultraspy AT gmail.com. IF you totally aren't inspired, I can give you links to other possible templates.

Reverend Ref + | 11:23 PM, February 26, 2009  

SpyGirl: Your link didn't come through. I'd be happy to look at what you've come up with . . . I'll have to be honest, though -- I'm really not inclined to changing what I've got. But, since you went to all that work, and since you asked nicely, I'll take a look. But try sending me the link again.

Peace

First time comments will be moderated.