Monday, April 06, 2009

It is finished . . .

And no, this is not what you're thinking.

A few months ago, a couple of people I know (Tracy and Jane) worked hard at convincing me that my "Classic" blog format wasn't classic, it was just old and needed to be updated.

After much himming and hawing and generally dragging my feet, I gave Tracy the okay to begin updating. This really wasn't easy for me. I mean, I remember the day/night I spent working on my template to get it how I wanted it. I started playing around with it, one thing led to another, and before I knew it, it was 3 a.m.

But this Luddite, non-computer geek, html-challenged person, finally managed to put it all together and make it come out relatively decent looking. And, to be honest, I was loathe to try anything new. What if I lost it? What if I made a change and couldn't go back? What if . . .

Fear keeps us from doing all kinds of things, and it seems appropriate that I'll be preaching on that very topic come Easter morning.

Anyway . . . I finally gave in and allowed Tracy to create a test blog. We had some ups and downs, some ideas to try, many, many e-mails back and forth, at least one late night chat session, and a phone call from her to me to calm me down.

And now, after all that, I can say, "It is finished."

I will also say to Tracy, "Thank you for all your hard work, your patience, your perseverance, and your gift. Thank you for everything. You're my hero."

So the blog is updated, and Tracy gets 90 percent of the credit; the other 10 percent goes to Jane who convinced me to let go and give it a shot, because, let's face it, convincing me to try changing is a hard job.

So in your comments, please be sure to thank those two women for all their hard work.

4 comments:

DaYouthGuy | 11:20 AM, April 06, 2009  

Given the overall theme there can be only one possible comment:


TOUCHDOWN!!!!!

Congrats to the two ladies for their fine efforts and kudos to you for being smart enough to listen!

Jane Ellen+ | 11:43 AM, April 06, 2009  

I'm proud of you for giving it a shot, and delighted that Tracy stuck it out and did such a marvelous job! It turned out very well, and I will endeavor not to be envious. (^_^)

ultraspy | 3:52 PM, April 06, 2009  

"Fear keeps us from doing all sorts of things..." sounds like the perfect topic for an Easter sermon. And Rev, it was an honor and a pleasure to work with you on this layout. Thank you for trusting me and helping me tweak the layout into something that is totally you!

Craig | 11:37 PM, April 06, 2009  

Looks pretty dang spiffy. Clean, easy to read, and distinctive.

Kudos to all.

First time comments will be moderated.