Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weirdness

I worked my final game of the season last night.

It was weird.

It was weird because I was working as the BJ -- a position I haven't worked in at least ten years, maybe longer. So I was a little discombulated. Lined up on the wrong side a couple of three times. Trying to find the right depth. Watching my keys and deep guys, while also learning to read through them to pick up other areas of the game.

It was weird because we had a variety of odd calls. There was a holding call on the offense, followed by an unsportsmanlike conduct on the defense; which meant we marched out ten, then back in half the distance and left us with 1st and 4 (or something odd). There was a call for an invalid fair catch. And we had a call for an illegal forward pass over the line of scrimmage.

And there was a fumble that bounced off a defender that was picked up by the offense and run in for a touchdown.

It rained. It got nice. It rained.

It was just a weird night. And now I'm done for another year.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.