Saturday, March 19, 2011

Today

Today the Gonzaga women play Iowa in the first round of the Women's NCAA Tournament. GU is an 11 seed, Iowa is the 6 seed. By the seeding, GU is an underdog. However, they got seeded in the West bracket, so they'll be playing all of their games at home .... as in, their home gym for the first game and then moving on to the Spokane Arena for the later games (if they keep winning). So, an 11 seed, but having home court advantage. They play today at 1:10 p.m. PDT.

At about that time, I'll be at the church setting up for my installation service in which I am officially inducted as Rector of St. Luke's.

Today at 4:45 p.m. PDT, the Gonzaga men will take to the court to play BYU in their 2nd round . . . I mean, 3rd Round, since the NCAA Tourney gods have created a so-called "first round" play-in of sorts . . . against BYU. The GU men are also ranked 11, and they'll be playing a 3-seed BYU team. I'm thinking that these seedings don't matter much and that GU will win this game. This is interesting on a couple of fronts, the most obvious being that BYU will be moving to the West Coast Conference either next season or the one after; so this is a preview of the new-look WCC.

At about that time, I'll be in the midst of the installation service.

All of this means that I won't get to watch either game. The good news is that teams I like tend to do better when I don't watch. So here's hoping that my viewing absence will result in a double dose of Gonzaga victories.

1 comments:

Mark J. | 4:03 PM, March 19, 2011  

No DVR?

First time comments will be moderated.