Sunday, September 17, 2006

A GOOD DAY

It was a good day today. Attendance at both places was under our average, but it was a good day nonetheless.

The CC parishioner who took issue with my John the Baptist sermon showed up at church today, so I was pleased about that. I had sent him a copy of last week's sermon, which he thanked me for, so that was a good thing.

At VC, my new best friend showed up. Little Kasey is 7 and a real hoot. You may remember that she was the one who wanted to know why angels wore long sleeves in heaven. So she was my helper during communion today. I gave her a piece of the priest's host when I distributed the bread. She looks at me and says, "Are you sure I can have this one?"

"Yes, Kasey. It's okay."

And then, to top things off, someone told me that they were going to donate $200 to the church for the new bell tower. Which, btw, is going to cost us in the neighborhood of $12,500. But we've got a good jump on it.

And the Seahawks won. So yes, it was a good day.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.