Wednesday, December 31, 2003

FINALLY!!!

After the debacle in last year's Rose Bowl (Presented by AT&T) against Oklahoma, and running out of time in the Rose Bowl four or five years ago against Michigan, the Cougs finally beat a ranked team in a bowl game. Granted, not one of the BCS Biggies, but the Holiday Bowl has been around for awhile and it seems that this game always goes down to the wire. Not quite as thrilling in years past, but thrilling enough that Texas had hope towards the end of the game and the Cougar faithful were worried. But everyone showed up to play last night. The defense was as dominating as I've ever seen them, the offense clicked, and the special teams weren't too shabby either. In fact, the punter was named co-mvp of the game. The PUNTER!!! He had something like six or seven punts, five inside the 20 and four inside the 5.

After allowing Texas back in the game, trailing by only eight, the defense came up huge, sacked the QB and recovered the fumble to seal the victory. Afterwards I was too excited to sleep (not to mention that my wife is sick and her hacking keeps me up all night so I took a long nap yesterday and now I'm all messed up), so in honor of the victory I decided to tackle the world of html and revamped the look of the site. Watcha' think?

I'm still not 100% satisfied, but it definitely has more of those Cougar colors I was shooting for. Finally went to bed about midnight and was up on and off listening to my wife cough up her lungs. It's a good thing she and The Kid are leaving for the GOE. They'll stay in a hotel next week so that I don't accidentally kill them in a fit of GOE rage. I'm looking forward to the reunion already.

And, for those of you who look forward to my GOE seven day forcast, this time next week I'll still be in bed. It's our designated day off and I have no intention of getting up early.

Peace.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.