Saturday, December 13, 2003

WHO KNEW??

It's been a bloggy day if you haven't noticed -- 3 in 1. Who knew I could be so verbose? Or maybe it's the fact that I don't really have to think about what I'm putting down (read: no grading worries).

I've been so excited about GU winning today that I've checked my site several times to see if anyone else who knows about my "passion" (not sure if it's a passion yet, but it'll suffice for now) has bothered to check in. Alas, no. I would've thought at least Tripp would've written, since I'm listed on his site as the "Gonzaga Deanery." Oh well.

So here's the real reason for the late post. I'm checking to see who's commented -- nobody -- when I notice that that little ad space above the site actually has something in it. I think this is a first since I've started blogging. And what should appear? No, not eight tiny reindeer, but an ad for INSTANT ORDINATION. Who knew? I've seen ordinations for $19.99 and up, but hey, this is FREE kids.

Of course, it won't do me any good. I've already spent the almost three years it normally takes to get through seminary. But for all you Juniors out there who aren't sure that SWTS is right for you, or that you don't want to go $50,000 in debt, or that you'd like to get on with the work of baptizing and marrying people, this is the ticket.

But before you get too excited, you might want to remember that you get what you pay for. Yes, Jesus' disciples basically followed "instantly" (Peter/Andrew, James/John, Matthew, and Nathaniel to name a few), but it seems to me they spent something like three years following Jesus and learning the necessary skills. This isn't about instant gratification/ordination. It's about patience and struggle and blood and tears and joy and sorrow and pain and relief and death and life. Nothing instant about that. Something to think about the next time you pour yourself and instant cup of coffee.

Peace

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.