Tuesday, January 20, 2004

IT'S DINNER TIME

So I have this friend at seminary. I would say "one of many," but being the introvert that I am I'll just say "one of a few" instead. Anyway, I have this friend -- who I'll call Harry Potter to protect their identity -- who has this knack for showing up just as dinner or dessert is being served. I don't know if it's from years of being single that s/he has honed that Free Food gene or what, but it is rather comical. And what makes it even better is that we don't ever eat at the same time.

Dinner at 5:30 -- there's Harry. Dinner at 7 -- there's Harry. Dessert at 8:17 -- there's Harry. Snack before bed at 10 -- there's Harry. Saturday morning pancakes -- there's Harry (no, I'm not kidding). I don't really mind, s/he makes for great conversation. As I said, it just strikes me as really really funny. It's gotten to the point now where if Harry doesn't show up (mainly for dessert, but sometimes dinner), I feel slighted.

Tonight, however, would be a bad night to show up -- I don't think we have enough noodles. But I didn't see Harry's car in the lot, so maybe that won't be a problem.

Most bizarre thing on the news today: A Norwegian (I think -- one of those Scandinavian countries anyway) CPA was found dead at his desk. The autopsy showed he died two days before anyone noticed he was actually dead. "Sven's sleeping at his desk again. Maybe he should cut back on his hours, yah??" Not sure if that's appropriate dinner conversation, but if you're reading this while eating dinner you've got bigger problems than that.

Peace

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.