Friday, February 27, 2004

MORE THAN ENOUGH??

I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday, but here are some post-Thursday thoughts.

Is it possible to have too much communion? I made a home visit yesterday morning and celebrated eucharist (pre-blessed, of course). Thursday being the day after Ash Wednesday, I intermingled several pieces of that liturgy with the "special circumstances" liturgy that I like to use in homes.

I made a home visit yesterday afternoon, also intermingling Ash Wednesday with the usual fare.

I attended Thursday night's Community Eucharist in the chapel.

It's no wonder that we clergy types run the risk of losing the mystery, the passion, the enjoyment of celebrating the eucharist.

God help me from ever losing that.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.