Tuesday, March 02, 2004

NOT MUCH OF ANYTHING

I offered to preach on "Hunger Awareness Sunday" at St. A's. Oops. It's a case of isogesis -- forcing the text to say what you want, instead of pulling a lesson from the text. Moral of the story -- never let anyone dictate what you preach on.

I mailed a resume to the 360 diocese today. I also notified my bishop (again) that's what I was doing. He responded and told me that this is exactly what I should be doing at this point in time. I hope it all works out somewhere.

I got an e-mail from my COM contact. The meeting that was to happen this past weekend was cancelled. Consequently I still don't have any answers to my questions about new med/psych evals and this obscure Title IV training. I also found out that their next meeting is late March and I might be expected to be at that one. So my shepherd is trying to find out all of these answers since a) the meeting was cancelled and b) nobody from the COM has let me know as of yet.

So, the scorecard looks like this -- Resumes out: 3; Dioceses interested: 0; Questions to the COM: 3; Questions answered: 0.

Something's gotta give.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.