Thursday, April 22, 2004

PANCAKES FOR BREAKFAST

The Kid went off to camp today. It's the annual 5th grade one-night campout. I remember doing something like this when I was in California, but I'm pretty sure it was longer than one day. Memory tells me it was a week, but then everything happens in slow motion during instances of terror.

Anyway, to send her off I made pancakes today. As stated earlier on this site, I have virtually no talent, except when it comes to making pancakes. So, The Kid, in honor of her impending night of doom . . . er, I mean camping . . . got a tent for breakfast. Mrs. Ref got her obligatory heart, except I managed to put an arrow through it ala Cupid.

I, of course, got standard issue circles. By the time I get done with the others, I have no desire to get cutsie with myself; I simply want to eat with the rest of the clan.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go clean up the kitchen.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.