Wednesday, June 02, 2004

ALL . . . MOST . . . THERE

My theology group presented our project today. We had to come up with a unified statement regarding the election, approval and ordination of Gene Robinson to the episcopate. It was an interesting exercise, and one that I'm sure I will take with me into my future parishes.

That was my LAST assignment as a SWTS student!!

Yesterday was a good day. Not only did I turn in final papers for practicum and Genesis classes, but the seniors were officially inducted into the alumni/ae society. We got nifty cool bookmarks, a certificate suitable for framing or wrapping fish (those of you who read MAD will understand), and a plunger -- just in case something needs to be fixed.

Last night I played a bizarre little game called Blockus with Heather, Jane & Si. Something about matching up colored tiles but only diagonally. Jane and Si ended up at my place for some conversation; Si leaving around 1 and Jane leaving about 2:45. It was nice to just talk about stuff without worrying about homework. I think the word "done" was used multiple times.

However, I'm not as young as I used to be and am in serious need of a LONG LONG sleep.

The Kid has a tooth I need to take out tonight. For some odd reason, I've always enjoyed losing and pulling teeth. Nothing in the world feels like that freshly vacated space of a lost tooth. The Kid, however, doesn't see it that way. She was complaining about it tonight, so I look and the thing is flopping around like a gear shift in neutral. It's coming out tonight.

Commencement rehearsal is tomorrow down at St. Lukes, and then the real thing on Friday. Then it's time to work on cleaning and packing the house, and packing for the trip home to get holified. Hope it sticks.

Peace,

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.