Friday, November 05, 2004

DIAL UP SUCKS

First, the good news: We finally got our internet connection established from home.

Now, the bad news: Shouldn't be too hard to guess from the title of this post. From the time I connected until I got to the posting screen only took 30 minutes. I can walk to the library and post before the system even loads at home.

This is going to be a lesson in patience. But, this is also life in small town Montana. I could get a DSL; it is available. But the phone company that rules this corner of the world charges an arm and a leg for it. Oh well, hopefully some day . . .

But hey, looking at the bright side -- I can log on, go downstairs and watch a football game, come back at the end of the quarter, log onto e-mail, back downstairs, come back at half time and check a message or two. I can surf and watch a game at the same time. It's like multi-tasking in molasses.

Speaking of games, did anyone see Louisville v. Memphis last night? Man, that was fun! I would've loved to be on the field for that one.

Gotta run. If I don't post this now it won't be done before dinner. Peace.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.