Tuesday, November 23, 2004

RECAP

So, how was your rivalry weekend? The Cougs beat the Dawgs. I guess I'm happy about that. It's hard to get excited when neither team has anything riding on the game. The Beavers pounded the Ducks, Ohio upset Michigan (Susie is really upset), Iowa upset Wisconsin (Susie can smile again), and Florida upset Florida State. Nothing like rivalry weekend.

And speaking of upsets, the Dolphins almost pulled it out against the Seahawks, but a timely interception prevented that. Seattle was the only NFC West team to win this weekend, so, despite being 0-4 in the division, are in first place in the West.

Today was semi-eventful. I wrote my first wedding sermon. I received the proof for my ordination ordo and announcements. I made the necessary corrections. I looked at a program for teaching a baptism/confirmation class. I had a marriage prep session. And I almost double-booked myself through Advent.

This is a busy week. I've got a Thanksgiving day service at 9 am, a wedding rehearsal Friday at 5, the wedding Saturday at 5, and Advent I service at church. Everyone needs a bit of grace, and I got mine when I discovered a Year A - Advent I sermon that I preached at SWTS. That was a good discovery because it meant that I had "insto-sermon." Just add a little bit of color to make it Sunday long.

I guess that's about it for now (Isn't that enough?) For some reason I'm extremely tired and just want to mentally shut down. Oh well. Maybe I'll play some solitaire.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.