Saturday, December 04, 2004

"THAT'S SO CUTE!"

Tonight was the annual Sheridan Christmas Stroll. It's a community thing when you walk around downtown and check out all of the merchants. How this is different from any other day in Sheridan, I'm not sure. But we greened CC, had the heat and lights on and left the front door open for anyone who wanted to stop in.

The Kid and I wandered around town for a little bit. She wanted to stop in several stores and shop. Eleven years old and it's easy to tell she's going to be a high maintenance woman when she grows up. We hit a clothing store, a knick knack store, and a jewelry store. On our way back, she wanted to stop in and see the Methodist church because we had never been in it.

The first thing she noticed was the Nativity scene. Yep -- they had out Mary, Joseph, Jesus, the shepherds, barn animals, and the three wisemen. She was NOT a happy camper. "Somebody should tell them that this is just wrong!" I just smiled.

Then she noticed the altar. "How come it's so small?"

"Well, they have a different focus than we do. And most Methodists do communion a little different than we do."

"How do they do it?"

"I can't say for sure about this one, but every Methodist church I've been in they pass a tray of individual wafers along the pews. And then they pass a tray of little individual cups of grapejuice."

"That's so cute! I don't think I would like it, but it really is cute that they use little cups."

I smiled all the way home.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.