Monday, August 01, 2005

STAGE 3 -- FINISHED

It cooled off yesterday, even rained a little. That was a good thing. My helpers came back and we made one more big load of rock to finish the labyrinth. Well, almost. It turns out we were about 24 rocks short. So we had to make a run for a few more rocks to finish it up.

But it is done, done, done. I kind of feel like I did when I was finished with seminary. Almost.

Now for the beautifying of the thing. Mrs. Ref has some great ideas for flower pots, two or three benches for the center, a small fountain, and maybe, just maybe, some colored pea gravel for the pathway (but that one is a long ways out).

I'm writing an article for the local newspaper today that will hopefully generate some interest. And I'm hoping that this will eventually be considered a success, and not a dismal failure perpetrated by that wacky Vicar.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.