Saturday, March 17, 2007

INVITATION RECEIVED

According to the invitation found in my screen door, I have been invited to a . . . memorial? . . . remembrance service? . . . informational meeting? . . . powerpoint presentation? . . . all of the above? . . . a . . . a . . . I've been invited to a thing in which we "REMEMBER THE GREATEST MAN WHO EVER LIVED on the anniversary of his death -- April 2, 2007"

This . . . thing . . . is to be held at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm wondering if I should go and take notes.

Oh, I need to also point out that one of these invitation flyers was also found in the screen door to my office. I need to ask the RC & UMC guys if they received one, or if I'm just special.

4 comments:

Unknown | 6:09 PM, March 17, 2007  

I hope you'll let us know who this great person was when you find out!!

Robert Lamb | 6:57 PM, March 17, 2007  

Luke 22:19 "And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake [it], and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me."

The greatest man who ever lived was the son of man, Jesus Christ.

April 2, 2007 is the annual memorial of his death.

Anonymous | 12:01 AM, March 18, 2007  

Wha huh? April 2nd? Wha?

When you go, and you should go, walk up and say, "Hi! I'm here to celebrate the life of George Washington! Where's the party?"

Sonje | 8:44 PM, March 20, 2007  

It sounds absolutely fascinating. I would go to the "party" and bring some extremely festive floral arrangement and a six-pack of matzot.

First time comments will be moderated.