Thursday, March 22, 2007

THIS WASN'T WHAT I HAD IN MIND

Sometimes calls come as a still, small voice whispering in the wind.

Sometimes calls come as a solid thwack upside the head when God is tired of being polite.

And sometimes calls come in the form of a phone call from out of the blue.

"Hey Rev, this is the mayor. Would you be interested in filling a vacant council seat? It's to complete a term that expires in November. You can give it a try and then, if it doesn't suit you, you don't have to run for election."

I have until next Friday to say yea or nay. After talking with several people, I'm leaning towards saying yes.

2 comments:

Padre Mickey | 12:10 PM, March 23, 2007  

I wouldn't be surprised if the city council could use a Ref.

Anonymous | 2:03 PM, March 23, 2007  

A Christian Ref, too. I know it wouldn't be a first, but frankly I haven't run into too many clergymen (or women) on government councils lately.

Of course on has to ask oneself if it is proper for a Christian to hold political office. :)

First time comments will be moderated.