Wednesday, August 08, 2007

BACK HOME

We got back home just fine, although a little later than originally expected. There was some unforeseen construction that delayed us a bit, but nothing really too terrible. I grabbed a bite to eat and then headed off to the bar since I haven't been there in awhile.

Had a good conversation with Dave, who also happens to be on the VFD with me. He thought he might be able to donate some time to help with the painting project, so that was good news.

And today has been basic office stuff. Anticipate the arrival of the painter; go through the mail that stacked up while away; fuel up my truck (Jane, you should've been here); pick hymns for Sunday; look for painter; e-mail said hymns to the organist; update the ordo; change the hymn board; wonder where painter is; do some research on the St. Paul's windows; try to contact studio by phone; meet with Dave about where we need work done; e-mail aforementioned studio; call painter; fill out TEC form regarding employees; try not to laugh too hard; hope painter hasn't died; think about agenda for Sunday's vestry meeting; decide I need lunch; try to have good thoughts about missing painter; do a little paperwork at the FD office to prepare for tomorrow's meeting; call bluegrass band about date for their show; oh, have I mentioned I can't locate the painter?

Yeah ... so that's pretty much the day. Thankfully it has cooled off here. It's still warm in the day, but it's also still summer. What's really great is that the evenings are now cool so a) I can sleep with a blanket and b) I can sleep. These last few days have been about perfect.

And now I've wasted enough time -- I need to go eat before I faint.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.