Saturday, October 13, 2007

Follow-Up

We got the Big Dark Scary Room cleaned out.

We removed: piles of old trim; cupboard doors; a bag of pine cones; two old hoses; some old duct work; a box of old books, in which I found two copies of The Green Book that I kept; a cardboard "brick fireplace with log fire"; an old pulpit; three bags of dirt; several gallons of diesel fuel; and two fuel tanks left over from the old furnace.

(On a side note: I asked one of the helpers to put the two Green Books in my office. He came back and said, "Only in Montana can you find a holster with a purple squirt gun hanging in the Pastor's office.")

We kept: three interesting items of historical relevance; a fake crozier/shepherd's staff, just in case we ever do a Christmas pageant or St. Nick party; some old duct work that I just really didn't want to go dig out; and some decent wood because you never know when the old building might need a quick-fix job somewhere.

The Big Dark Scary Room is now ready to be used for Sunday school . . . I'm kidding . . .

Then I went and watched The Kid's volleyball game. They won fairly convincingly. Those girls have come a long way since the Big Sky Tournament in Billings way back in August when we went prom dress shopping. They communicate, they play their positions, they set up plays, they dive . . . they are fun to watch. It'll be fun to watch them through their high school career.

And today I've got a game in Lima. It's going to snow. I think I'll wear extra socks.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.