Thursday, November 08, 2007

Wednesday in the Bar

Last night was the monthly stop at The Stockman. Had a couple of good conversations and met a guy who happened to be a living example of the perfect country song: Wife left me, lease ran out, laid off . . .

And now he's moving down to Southern California -- "Maybe a change of scenery will do me good."

"Father, will you do me a favor?"

"Maybe."

"Will you please bless my car?"

So I blessed his car and prayed for a safe trip.

You just never know how Bar Night will turn out.

2 comments:

~**Dawn**~ | 10:13 AM, November 08, 2007  

Southern California. Sometimes I toy with that idea myself. I love it there. (My two best friends happen to live there.) But then I would miss Disney World. And orange blossoms in March. And I already miss having four seasons...

Reverend Ref + | 12:27 PM, November 08, 2007  

Heh . . . Montana has four seasons. It's just that some of them are shorter than others.

First time comments will be moderated.