Monday, December 17, 2007

Heatless in Montana .... Again

dammit

**UPDATE**

The furnace is temporarily back online. There's something called a ..... I forget ..... but the job of that part is to make sure that things don't get too hot and to shut down the furnace before it burns up.

Good news A): These go out after awhile and it's not as major of a part as, say, the control board. Furnace Dude is ordering one and hopes to be back by the end of the week.

Good news B): When he took it out and smacked it (no, I am not kidding), it started working again. This is obviously a temporary solution. Hopefully that temporary solution will last until the new part comes in.

4 comments:

Anonymous | 11:57 AM, December 17, 2007  

Is it just me, or is this an annual event with you guys?

Home or church this time?

I suppose you could always pitch sleeping bags in the church parish hall to stay warm. Or perhaps it is time for that trip to Hawaii.

~**Dawn**~ | 2:11 PM, December 17, 2007  

Brrrr... It just finally got up tp 50 today in Florida & I am freezing. I can't even imagine what no heat is like for you! I grew up in New England, and the thought of no heat this time of year... ::shivers::

EYouthWNY | 12:28 PM, December 18, 2007  

You gotta love those high tech solutions. When I was a theater student we called it the "get a bigger hammer" solution.

~**Dawn**~ | 1:40 PM, December 19, 2007  

Heh. We employ that method here at work often. Hit it. Kick it. Duct tape it. The owner of the company is the worst offender! When one of my printers starts to jam, I threaten it with calling the owner over with a hammer. Miraculously, it starts to work again. ;-)

First time comments will be moderated.