Friday, February 22, 2008

Upward Bound

So I think I've mentioned that The Kid is part of the Upward Bound program. It's a good thing to get kids thinking about college and life and the future in general.

Tomorrow the UB kids are going to tour Carroll College in Helena (Home of the Fighting Saints and NAIA football champions in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2007) (they actually went to Helena College of Technology, not quite as exciting, but hearing that the cost for a semester was $1500 sure got my attention). I asked my daughter if she would like me to come along (parents were welcome to attend this one). She said, "Sure."

I must be doing something right with this kid, because at 14 she still thinks it's okay for me to be seen in public with her.

I found out today that I am THE chaperone for the trip. Woo hoo.

I'm sure it will be fine . . . really.

Besides, I get to spend the day with my most favoritest 14-year old in the world. What's not to like?

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.