Sunday, April 20, 2008

House Burn Photos

As promised, I've got some pics of the big house burn from last week. They would have been up sooner, but I've been sort of busy this last week. Among other things, I had a great time in Salt Lake City attending a preaching conference (more about that later).

These aren't all that exciting; and, to be honest, it wasn't all that exciting being there. We didn't get to crawl around inside because of safety issues. And we couldn't exactly put the thing out. But we did get to see some good fire behavior and learn how to knock it down (see the window picture). We also learned that we'd rather not be called out to a house fire in 70 degree heat. After only about an hour, we were all soaked to the bone.

Heh .... it was fun.



Here's the house before the burn. By this time, we had already burned the garage.












This is a group working on knocking down the fire through a window. When I first saw this picture, I thought I was the guy in front. But the more I think about the day, I don't think I'm in this photo at all.











This photo reminds me of "Find Waldo." Or maybe it's more along the lines of telling your kids, "I was actually IN Star Wars . . . I'm the second Storm Trooper from the left when we chased Han Solo through the Death Star." Unlike the previous picture, I'm the guy right in the middle.








The house is fully involved here and I was protecting the perimeter. I'm the guy on the nozzle (in the front) in this pic. Sometime after this I let the guy behind me take the nozzle and I used him as a heat shield. It was damn hot.







So there you go . . . the Ref+ playing fireman.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.