Saturday, May 24, 2008

Surprises

I was reading Fr. Jake this evening and his latest post about All Saints, Pasadena, and their decision to perform same sex marriages in light of the latest action in California.

While I agree that CA did a good thing here in the name of equality, I disagree with the actions of All Saints simply because I think they jumped the gun. This is, to me, an act of congregationalism; and in TEC, I think we have far too much of that going on at the moment.

But I digress . . .

What really caught my attention, and pleasantly surprised me, was the first comment by one Steven Woolley, the owner of Country Parson blog and the man with whom I spent a summer learning about being a parish priest.

I learned not enough from him in my short time at St. Paul's and I would've enjoyed serving as his curate. Things obviously didn't work out that way, and that's okay. I'm grateful for the time I got to spend with him and, from reading his blog, he still has a lot of good things to say.

Go check him out.

1 comments:

Bruno | 9:57 AM, May 25, 2008  

First, thanks for the link to Country Parson, I have added it to my favorites.

Second, I agree about the actions of All Saints, and after reading Country Parsons post on national gluttony, I find myself viewing their actions as just another manifestation that disease.

So Sad

First time comments will be moderated.