Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Up and Running

Last week I chose not to run in the snow and the cold and the muck. Like I said then, I am just not that dedicated. Besides, I'll get my fair share of snow and cold and muck later on in the football season.

The weather has made a turn for the better and it's now absolutely perfect running weather. Warm, blue skies, and dry roads (which is good when you live in a town with dirt roads).

I'm certainly not breaking any records here; after all, the point is to get myself ready for the football season, not Boston. So every day it's been a little bit farther and a little bit longer.

The goal here is to prevent injuring myself on the field; and so far, it feels good.

1 comments:

Anonymous | 12:47 PM, June 18, 2008  

Sounds like a good plan.

I managed about an 8:22 mile the other day on the test, which is good for me, and plenty good for passing the test. And an improvement over last year. So I'll see if I can get it down to 8:00 for next year.

First time comments will be moderated.