Monday, July 14, 2008

Things that make you wonder

Last night I had a rather realistic and somewhat frightening dream about being burned as a martyr. Luckily the alarm went off just before I was to be led to the fire, but it was pretty intense, and not how I prefer to spend my free time.

The voters here did not pass a property tax increase which would have allowed the town to continue to operate within budget. As it is, we are beginning to run in the red and the mayor has asked for all department heads to find ways to trim costs. The library is now closed on Mondays. We are also in the final stages of our water project, which means we have yet more construction equipment around town making a mess while they pave some roads and clean up the mess that was created in the first place. And I have a city council meeting tonight.

You don't think these two items are related, do you? Nah .....

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.