Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yet Again

On the way home from VC last night, my vehicle was accosted by yet another suicidal deer. I didn't see this one until its head appeared in the passenger side window, accompanied by the obligatory THUMP. What is it with these animals? I swear they're all suicidal. I mean . . . no other animal intentionally runs into moving vehicles.

The third time must be a charm, however, since there was absolutely no damage to the car. None. Zilch. Zippo. Just a little scuff mark in the door.

So, for those of you counting, that's three deer in four years. Not a bad rate when you consider just how many deer are running loose on the highways of SW MT.

Is it hunting season yet????

3 comments:

The Lovely Wife | 4:51 PM, September 10, 2008  

So would that make the score Deer 2, Car 3? And yes I believe bow hunting season has opened.

Unknown | 9:31 PM, September 11, 2008  

I have only come across the suicidal mallard duck as she flew into my windshiled. I'll let you know if I ever encounter one of these depressed deer.

~**Dawn**~ | 2:54 PM, September 12, 2008  

Thank God all we have here are Kamikaze Squirrels and the occasional confused armadillo. (Although the latter make a fearful noise when your car hits one, let me tell you.)

First time comments will be moderated.