Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Helpful Messages . . . NOT

So, like my friend Jane blogged on, I have also been receiving helpful messages from various "concerned Christian groups" about stopping the Obama agenda of child sacrifice and forcing good, upstanding normal people to witness the acts of flagrant practicing homosexuals, and how I can order a helpful (and graphic) video to show to my congregation.

Oh joy.

I won't get into everything I want to here -- other than to say that if this is the kind of stuff that motivates people to vote against someone, we are in a world of hurt.

But here's what I really wanted to post on:

These groups claim to be truthful. They claim to be honest. They claim to be ethical. The following is an exact paste job from one of those e-mails (except I've italicized it):

We support responsible and ethical email marketing practices. Please know that we respect your right to be purged from this marketing campaign. Removal from this email distribution list is automatically enforced by our email delivery system.
Please click here to start the process for email deletion.




Can't be too honest and ethical if they won't let me delete from their mailing list.

3 comments:

Bruno | 10:03 AM, October 30, 2008  

honest, ethical, christian.

Christian? is anyone calling them on this?

Reverend Ref + | 7:58 PM, October 30, 2008  

Bruno,

I kind of doubt it. They are (obviously) conservative and extremely blustery. I'm pretty certain that anyone calling them out, even in a calm and well-reasoned way, would find themselves at the end of a very large club.

From what I've seen, these people have no problem screaming in high pitched voices how anyone who disagrees with them is obviously heretical (at best), non-Christian and whatever else their imagination comes up with.

Do I call them out directly? No. But I certainly let people know where I stand on their behavior and how I view them.

Anonymous | 1:21 PM, October 31, 2008  

I used the mailing (still unopened)in last Tuesday night's church council meeting to remind everyone to vote.

First time comments will be moderated.