Friday, July 10, 2009

It's that time of year again

Time for bbq'ing? Time for hanging out in the pool? Time to catch a few rays?

Well, maybe . . . but what I'm thinking about is FOOTBALL. Yes, my Case Book and Rules Book arrived in the mail yesterday. Time to start studying up and getting ready for the season.

This year, the one big major rules change is that a horse-collar tackle is now illegal and penalized from the basic spot.

The other big news this year is that we have been approved to wear black pants with a white stripe during cold weather games (ooh .... just like the pros). Eh . . . it's okay, but the uniform change is on a trial basis at this point in time. I'm thinking my pool will pass this year. I really don't want to spend $60 for a pair of pants I may not wear ever again. Maybe next year, we'll see.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.