Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rev Ref Special

Two or three years ago (I've been here long enough that I'm starting to lose track of when things happened) a couple bought one of the restaurant buildings in VC with the idea of turning it into a restaurant/antique shop. One of the positives about this was that they were going to make it the only year-round restaurant in VC. Traditionally, the only things open year round were the bar, the Post Office, the drug store, the Court House, and the church. Yeah . . . it gets a little quiet during the winter.

But now we have this year-round restaurant, which has been great for the locals. We no longer have to go over the hill to Ennis or down the road to Alder if we want lunch out.

On top of their food being excellent, they also serve large portions. You definitely get your money's worth, and you never leave hungry.

HOWEVER . . .

For the past two years, every time I go in for lunch, the owner will invariably ask me, "Do you have room for pie?"

"Of course I don't have room for pie. If you want me to eat dessert, you need to make smaller portions . . . like, say, a half sandwich and cup of soup would be perfect for lunch. Then I'd have pie."

TWO YEARS I've been saying this.

Well, kids . . . I went in to the restaurant today and, right there on their SPECIAL board, was listed "Rev Ref Special -- 1/2 Sandwich and Cup of Soup."

Had to get me one of those. And yes, I had a piece of pie afterward.

3 comments:

Anonymous | 12:04 PM, October 30, 2009  

That's really cool! Did it really say "Rev Ref" or did it have your name?

Reverend Ref + | 3:11 PM, October 30, 2009  

It had my real name . . . just edited here for the blog.

Anonymous | 9:19 AM, October 31, 2009  

That is a great story! :-)

First time comments will be moderated.