Saturday, January 29, 2011

Really Happy

I now have all of the girls. I picked up Julie and her sister, Bruna, last night. The "in-laws" brought them down from the airport to the half-way point. They had some flight issues, so didn't get in until later than expected. But it worked out and we've got them now.

So I drove up to get them with the car loaded full of the rest of them. After making the switch, we drove home, stopping at a Shari's restaurant for dinner. Gathered around the table were The Kid, Emma, Su, Julie, Bruna and myself.

And, despite all of my earlier rumblings about an overload of estrogen and needing to escape to a Man Cave somewhere, as I watched all of them at the table chatting and laughing, I knew it was all a facade.

Because I am really very happy to have all of my girls back home and wouldn't miss this for anything.

2 comments:

Lady Anne | 8:04 PM, February 03, 2011  

OK, I'm assuming these girls are all exchange students? (You are not clear on that, but I know you've had other ESs, so will go from there.) How do you manage to get so many? We've taken kids in the past and loved it, but have only been able to get one at a time - and that not even every year.

Reverend Ref + | 11:09 PM, February 03, 2011  

Yes, almost all are exchange students. Julie was our first one from January to July of 2006.
Su Jin was our second one from September 2006 to June of 2007.
We had two other girls in '07 and '08-09; and we had a boy (while our own was in Germany) from '09-'10.
And now we have our current student, Emma, who will be with us from '10-'11.
Right now we have Julie, her sister (who was an exchange student with another family in the area), Su Jin, Emma and my own Kid and Mrs. Ref.
And that's the story.

First time comments will be moderated.