Friday, April 20, 2012

It's a great day for a ride

After a week of cool temps and rain, it cleared up last night and it's going to be a gorgeous weekend.  So I thought it would be a great day for a bike ride -- and it was.

It's been awhile since I've actually gone for a ride, and with the weather, I haven't been running much either.  I don't mind running in the rain, per se, but I don't want to start my regimen in bad weather.  So the running has been off and on at best this year. 

Last week we had some decent weather, so I thought I'd go for a quick ride.  After stopping at Les Schwab to get new air, I headed out.  The good news was that I didn't die when I got back, nor did my legs fall off.

So today, I threw a load in the dryer, pushed the start button, and grabbed the bike.  I managed to do 16 miles before the dryer had reached the end of its cycle.  That made me happy -- especially since I had a pair of slacks and two dress shirts in there.

And I need to get serious about biking/running, because there's only four months until the football season starts. 

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.