Tuesday, April 16, 2013


I came down from the office to help Mrs. Ref with dinner and said, "What's burning?"

She had put a pot of water on to boil for the spaghetti.  We looked around and couldn't see anything, but man, something smelled not good.

After an enjoyable meal of spaghetti with a special mushroom/artichoke sauce, salad and glass of wine, and after we cleaned up the dishes, Mrs. Ref calls out to me, "I found what was burning."

Yep . . . one of our cats apparently walked across the top of the stove and caught her tail on fire.


Lady Anne | 3:50 PM, April 18, 2013  

Many years ago, one of our cats jumped from the counter to the stove, just as I opened the cupboard under the cook top to get some muffin tins. The stove was lit, so the cat jumped down, landed on my back and the careened off into the cupboard, causing cookie sheets and cooling racks to rain down on her head.

Why spend good money to go to the movies?

First time comments will be moderated.