Monday, May 13, 2013

Angry Legs

Mrs. Ref was off to visit her mother last week, so I had lots and lots of alone time.

Yesterday, Sunday, after lunch and my usual post-service nap, I decided this was the day to start running in preparation for the upcoming football season (it's closer than you think -- really).

So I threw on a pair of my new ref shoes and headed off to the local football field.

Just to be clear, this was not the first time I got off the couch.  I've been riding my bike on a regular basis.  I ride an 11 mile circuit in just over 45 minutes, and keep pushing myself to break the 45-minute time.  Haven't been able to do that so far.  And I do a 15-mile circuit in about an hour (haven't actually timed that one).

But my legs are angry with me as they are continually reminding me that running, not to mention football-specific running, is not like riding a bike.

On the plus side, I can still walk today; which hasn't always been the case as my brain has often told my body, "Oh sure, you can do this . . ."

2 comments:

Lady Anne | 3:53 PM, May 15, 2013  

Oh, yes. The days I hop out of bed and the old brain says "today we'll sort the summer/winter clothing, and then mop the kitchen floor, and then we'll eat lunch". And the bod says something along the lines of "you talkin' to ME?"

Reverend Ref + | 5:52 PM, May 15, 2013  

At least your body tells you up front. Mine waits until the day after and says, "What the HELL were you thinking???"

First time comments will be moderated.