Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A little fire humor

At lunch today, Mrs. Ref relayed an air quality report she heard on the radio yesterday:

"The current level of air quality is listed as hazardous with a possibility that it might improve to very unhealthy by this evening."
=======================

When I came back from lunch, I had the following phone conversation:

"This is Ms. J.  Is there something wrong with the air or something?  Because it's hard to see and it smells funny."

"Yes, that would be because of the forest fires," I said, trying not to laugh.

"Oh, there are fires?  Well, do you know when they are going to put them out?"

"No, I really don't."

"Hmmm.  Is the Dollar Store open today?"
==================================

I've been looking for a good picture to post up to show what it looks like in town, but I really haven't found one that's satisfactory.  Instead, I give you this:

 

That's a picture of foggy London.  Imagine that fog is smoke, add the smell of burning wood and the feeling of itchy, burning eyes and that's a pretty good substitute for my town.

Thanks for your prayers.

2 comments:

Lady Anne | 3:51 PM, August 03, 2013  

This lady, this Mrs. J, she lives on your planet? Ah, sweet oblivion.

Reverend Ref + | 8:58 PM, August 04, 2013  

I would like to be living on her planet if she thinks I have the ability to know when the fires will be out.

First time comments will be moderated.