Friday, February 28, 2014

Response

I officiated at a funeral today of a parishioner.  He was one of the group of people who left the church with The Troubles, but he eventually came back about a year ago.  He was a good guy and I'm sorry I didn't have more time with him.

After the service, a woman came up to me and thanked me for writing my letter to the editor.  She said something about needing more smart people saying smart things, I didn't really pay close attention.

But I thanked her and we moved on.  It was nice to hear that before what I am sure will be the backlash of letters.

And then I came home and finished laundry, paid some bills, and looked for a place to get my hair cut -- because the gal who normally does mine seems to be awol at the moment.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.