Thursday, February 12, 2015

Pizza

Sometimes we do things not knowing why we did them until later.

Today was the regular monthly meeting of The Usual Suspects (mainline clergy).  We get together over lunch, talk about life in general and just have a place to be with each other.  Today, though, was more of a business meeting as we began discussing our annual ecumenical Good Friday service.

I normally order a sandwich, but I decided to get a small pizza instead (Canadian bacon and pineapple).  But I forgot that a "small" pizza serves two, and a "mini" pizza serves one.  So I got a box to take the rest home for breakfast tomorrow morning.

This afternoon a homeless man walked in wanting to know if we had any canned food.

"Nope," I said.  "But if you're hungry, I've got half a pizza you can have."

And that, apparently, is why I ordered the "small" and not the "mini."

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.