Monday, December 19, 2016

Lack of Understanding

I am an administrator on the FB page of my new parish.  All that really means is that I have the ability to post things.

Like, for instance, last Sunday when it snowed, I got on the FB page and let people know about that, to plan accordingly, and be safe if you were driving in to church.

I received a call from a parishioner today informing me his wife had died (she was battling an illness and this was not unexpected, but still . . . ) earlier this morning.  I posted that information on our parish FB page.

Just got back from lunch and pulled up my internet tabs, and noticed this message on the FB page/tab:  "Congratulations!  Your post, 'Dear St. John's family, it is with sadness . . .' is performing better than 85 percent of all posts.  For $5 more you can boost this post to reach more people."

Methinks there's a general lack of understanding on the part of FB,

3 comments:

spookyrach | 11:34 AM, December 20, 2016  

Maybe if you'd invented some grisly details it would have performed better. Just sayin'.

Reverend Ref + | 11:40 AM, December 20, 2016  

Like adding a picture of Santa wrapped up around a wind turbine?

spookyrach | 12:26 PM, December 20, 2016  

~blinks innocently~ Whatever do you mean?

That could so happen, dude.

First time comments will be moderated.