Thursday, December 25, 2003

PANCAKES FOR BREAKFAST

Good Christmas morning to all. Although it is now afternoon in the flat mid-west. Woke up this morning to one excited kid. It seems that Santa dropped off a cage for one of her guinea pigs. That's a good thing since we're pretty sure we've got one male and one female and we don't need any little piglets running around. That Santa's a pretty smart guy.

I fixed breakfast for the clan. For the first time in a very long time breakfast didn't consist of Cinnabon. I made pancakes instead. Now, you may not think much of that, but apparently my one God given gift is the ability to create pancake art. I've made monkeys, grandpas, kids on scooters, nativity scenes (both with a pregnant Mary and empty manger and with a baby Jesus), cards, grapes and monstrances. Today was pretty tame. The kid wanted a star, I made my wife a heart (how romantic), and gave myself a Santa hat. Not much skill there, but it's the thought that counts.

Then I was off to work the 10 am service at church -- welcome to the rest of my life. Got home, called a friend on the west coast, and took a quick break before opening presents with the family. I've been seriously impressed with the kid's patience. That is until now. She's standing over my shoulder, jumping up and down, "C'mon c'mon, c'mon!!!!" So I'm off to finish the rest of it.

May the joy of Christ's birth be with you all on this FIRST day of Christmas.

Peace.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.