Thursday, January 29, 2004

15 MINUTES OF FAME

So I'm getting ready for bed last night and the TV is on because I like the Channel 5 news (not to mention that it's the only station that gets decent reception in that room). They take a break and do that stupid, "Here's Jay to tell us what's on tap tonight. Jay?" Like it's actually a live feed down to Burbank. The show was taped at noon people!!!

But I digress. Jay says, "Thanks. Tonight we've got a great show for you. This famous person and that famous person are here, along with the Spokane Streakers. Join me for a great show, tonight after the news."

I almost had a stroke. These IDIOTS trotted buck naked (well, almost buck naked, I understand they were wearing shoes) into a Denny's, the weather was like mid-teens, and left their car running for a quick get-away. Someone saw this from the restaurant, drove off with their car (which ended up being found totally trashed several days later) leaving them naked to the elements and hiding behind some cars until the cops "rescued" them. And now they're on Leno.

I'm not sure if I'm more upset with the fact that these bozo's got away with something that 98% of us would be severely penalized for, or with the Tonight Show for booking them thereby telling millions of gullible people that this is a good thing to do.

Just proof that the LCD usually wins out.

Sigh

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.