Sunday, January 11, 2004

A DAY OF REST

The associate rector of the parish where I work, and where I'll be doing my field ed, suggested that I take the whole weekend off to recover from the GOE experience. At the time I thought it was nonsense, but now I'm glad. Man, I was tired. So it was nice to send the girls to church and stay home, take a nap, a late shower, work a bit on my sermon for next week, and then watch football games.

I'm glad that Indy won simply because I'm a sentimental sap who wants to see Manning and Dungy do well in the playoffs. Now it's Green Bay and Philadelphia. After GB beat Seattle last week, I'm not THAT sentimental about Favre and the Packers, so I'm hoping that Philly pulls this one out.

And speaking of that sermon -- it's been awhile since I've had to preach and I'm slightly rusty. Hopefully I can pull it together this week. I'm not only preaching, but I've picked some people to sit in on a "sermon review" board. Should be fun, but I don't want to look like an idiot the first time up in front of them.

I've seen some sermons of other people (Dave, Tripp, Jane, Susie), but I'm not sure I want to put my sermons up here. It feels slightly odd to me. Pros & Cons anyone??

Well I'm off to watch the Packers & Eagles -- I love playoff football, but I'm sad that there are only three more games after today (the ProBowl doesn't count, but I still watch it).

Peace

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.