Thursday, January 15, 2004

RANDOM THOUGHTS FROM HOME

I get to work from home today. Kind of different; I don't really feel like I'm doing anything -- and I guess I'm not if I'm blogging. But one of the things about my field ed site is that I don't have a desk or regular access to a computer, so for that kind of stuff I can work at home. I'm spending most of the day creating Children's Chapel lesson plans for the next few weeks. I need to make sure that my substitutes are ready. Although I am having a heck of a time with the lesson for Epiphany IV. How do you talk to kids about the crowds being pissed off at Jesus and trying to throw him off of a cliff? I think I'll look work on Jeremiah that week -- "What will I say, I'm only a boy."

I also miss my chaplain. I've been working in the office all day and it occurred to me that I really enjoyed having lunch brought to me every day during the GOE. Makes me almost wish for another week of testing.

You will also notice that I changed the comment system. My comments disappeared (along with several other peoples) and I wasn't able to get to their website to figure out what was going on. So, in this rushed world of instant gratification, I deleted the old comments and plugged in HaloScan. Hopefully they will be more reliable.

Finally, Boar's Head is tonight. It's the big shindig on campus to both celebrate the seniors getting through their GOE's and to have some fun at their expense. Although this year that "their" is now "my" and it's a little different than in years past. I keep myself, "You don't have anything to worry about. You're a plain vanilla type guy who isn't intentionally funny or weird (although people find me both occassionally), and the strangest thing I've done since being here is wear Sorels (winter boots) with my shorts & t-shirt." Somehow I think it'll be a whole lot worse than even I can predict.

Too be honest, I'm more worried about this than the GOE. Pray for us seniors.

Peace

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.