Friday, February 13, 2004

GETTING READY FOR GALENA

I'm trying to put the finishing touches on my sermon for my gig at Grace Church in Galena this weekend. To date, I've written about four of these buggers and none of them seem to be coming together. Somehow I need to intertwine my seminary experience in with the Gospel for the day (Luke's version of the Beatitudes). Hmmm. This is one of those Gospels that work well in your own congregation.

I practiced my semi-final version at work today. It held together well, but needs some touching up.

Every Friday morning we have a Eucharist at 7. I must be getting old, because that's getting rough even for me. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm also the security dude at SWTS, which means I NEVER get to bed early. Anyway . . . after service the gang goes out for breakfast at the local Pinerra's just down the street. As we were leaving, one of the group says, "I'm going to Galena this weekend so I won't see you Sunday." Great.

So not only do I have to preach a "specialized" sermon for the Galena group, but there's going to be a St. A's spy in the seats. Oh well. I'll have to ask her what she thought of it.

In case you thought otherwise, I am looking forward to this trip. Galena is a cute little town, and the rector and his wife are WONDERFUL hosts; very hospitable. And Galena has hills!!!! Mrs. Ref & I enjoyed our trip last year very much, and this year we are taking the Kid.

I'm sure there was something important I wanted to say, but don't know what. It'll come later.

Peace

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.